12-07-08
David Uth
Christmas is a gift we have received that changes everything. There is a message with every gift. They mean something.
Christmas screams at us - God's gift of Jesus... what does it mean?
Hebrews 1:1-4
1. I Love You
John 3:16, 1 John 3:1 - He is reminding us God gave us his son in place of our sin.
2. I Forgive You
Matthew 1:21 - He will save us, 1 John 4:7-12, Mercy seat - sent Jesus to forgive our sin
3. I Am With You
Matthew 1:23 - We are not alone.
4. I Understand
Hebrews 4:14-16 - He walks with us. "Word became Flesh..."
Dwelled = set us house with us
God knows what we go through. Jesus experienced the greatest temptation but he didn't fall - we fall.
5. You Don't Have to Stay the Same
Galatians 4:3-5
We were slaves but he didn't leave us. He sent us his son to redeem(to buy or to deliver) us--to save us! Save us from sin. We don't have to live like a slave to sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment