Home Events FBCO Site

Sunday, May 4, 2008

He Made Me


Who Do you Think You Are?
A Series by David Uth

"He Made Me"

Psalm 139:13-17

13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.


We have all asked the important questions are one point or another: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here?

God loves what He created because He made it. Sin scarred everything but God still sees something incredible.

The world says we come from a random occurrence--a random result or transformations from muck and soup to a primate to a human. They say we are a product of chance. No way!

We matter - every moment of our life has purpose. God put us here for a reason.

Where did I come from?
"...You formed my inward parts..." You= you and only you. formed = originate, call something to be, inward parts = kidneys, every organs.

"...you knitted me together..." = meticulous effort to create
"...my soul knows it very well..." God wrote in the soul of every human being his name. Like an artist that signs the bottom of a piece of artwork. God left a hole in us shaped for Him. Money, fame, materials things won't fill the hole-they don't fit.

"...frame not was not hidden from you..." Before we see God sees. "...made in secret..." The secret place reference=protected or treasured place in Hebrew. The womb is no longer a safe place in America.

"...intricately woven in the depths of the earth..." = embroidery, variegate-a plant with many colors. The body is composed of a lot of different things and put it all together. There is nothing else like you. No one else has your finger print in all the earth. Everything in your body is controlled by your DNA that was written in you. With 23 Chromosomes there is no way we came from amphibians. For us to have been created as we are by chance would be like rolling a die and getting "6" over 5 million times in a row.

He holds us together. Colossians 1:17 - And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Just like Laminin holds us together.

Watch Video about Laminin.





Why Am I Here?

"...fearfully and wonderfully made..."
We have been set apart. It doesn't matter what you can or can't do. It has to do with how you were made.

"...frame not was not hidden from you..." = my potential or strength. He knew you abilities and strengths before you were born. Why are kids raised in the same house, by the same parents, with the same rules always so different? God made everyone different.

"...Your eyes saw my unformed substance..." Eyes oversaw, guided it, supervised it. Substance=rolled up.

"...in your book..." = days. Before we lived one of our days they were written in God's book. His book of foreknowledge not the book of life. We choose and we choose wrong. Are you writing a script for your life that looks different than God's book.

"...
he days that were formed for me..." Shaped like clay.

Our Response
If we could count God's thoughts about us it would be more than sand. 1 cup of sand equates to about 69 million grains of sand. God thinks about you that much times all the sand on the beach! Our Response? We praise Him!

"...
I awake, and I am still with you..." Was God a dream? No, He is real and is there for us. We are amazed!

It is who you are. It is who He is.




View Crosstrainer Prayer List and Upcoming Events Here

No comments: